Winter Adventure Awaits in the Finger Lakes
When sparkling snow blankets the region each winter, Corning & the Finger Lakes come alive with opportunities for discovery and adventure. Explore museums and winter events, venture into the wilderness, or enjoy a relaxing day of wine tastings across Steuben County. Winter awaits your visit!
Corning, NY – “The Most Fun Small Town in America”
In 2013, Corning was named the “Most Fun Small Town in America” by Rand McNally’s annual Best of the Road competition – and the “Crystal City” lives up to its name year-round. Wintertime offers an array of ongoing events; from exploring museums in the historic downtown Gaffer District, to shopping local at a winter farmers’ market or dining at one of Corning’s many restaurants.
Finger Lakes Wineries and Winter Fun
Winter exploration in Steuben County can be affordable and fun! Home to a variety of wineries and breweries, the Finger Lakes Region offers beer and wine enthusiasts numerous opportunities and events to sample award-winning wines and brews. And if you’re looking to explore the great outdoors, the many area parks showcasing the region’s natural beauty offer outdoor recreation including skating, sledding, winter hiking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
Try these winter activities in Corning & the Finger Lakes for fun indoors and out:
- Explore our Museums – Head to the Corning Museum of Glass, Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, Rockwell Museum of Western Art, among others, for a day of education and family fun.
- Tour our Wineries and Breweries – Save with wine getaway packages and sample award-winning ice wines and more along the Keuka Wine Trail, or enjoy local Finger Lakes beers.
- Get Outside – Ice skate at the Nasser Civic Center in Corning, explore the region’s many parks on cross country skis or snowshoes, and more, all while taking in the beauty of Steuben County.
- Dine at our Restaurants – Pair a new favorite wine with a delicious meal at a variety of restaurants highlighting the region’s bounty with eclectic menus and tantalizing flavors.
- Discover our Towns and Villages – Discover the “Coolest Small Town in America” in Hammondsport, rural and beautiful Bath, eclectic Hornell, and everywhere in between!
Whether you’re taking advantage of women only getaways for a ‘girls only’ weekend, need a brief respite from your busy schedule, or are just looking to discover a new favorite travel destination – this winter, escape to Corning & the Finger Lakes!
Events in the Finger Lakes
Hornell St. Patrick’s Day Celebration - 3/15
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in style at Hornell's annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Saturday, March 15! Kick off the festivities with the parade at 11 am and afterward, head to the Knights of Columbus where the celebration will continue. Free bus rides between Maple City Bowl, Southside Tavern and the Italian Villa from 5 pm to 1 am.
St. Patrick’s Day 5K - 3/15
For running enthusiasts, tap into the luck of the Irish and race your way to green during the Saint Patrick’s Day 5K in Corning, starting at 9 am sharp. Sponsored by the Southern Tier Running Club, the 5K course will begin at the Woodhouse Stadium Grill (formerly Murphy’s Woodhouse) and wind through Corning. Awards will be given to overall Male and Female winners, as well as the first three places in each age category, including 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70+.
Check out our fully interactive online travel guide or request a printed version for all the great activities, places to stay and dine in Corning & Finger Lakes, Steuben County, NY.
Learn about events and specials...