For the Love of Burgers!
It's here! 2022's list of Top 10 fan favorite burger joints in Steuben County!
When it comes to iconic foods, it probably doesn’t get more American than a hamburger.
Some folks prefer them unadorned, while others want all the fixing. Some like them grilled, others fried in a pan. Some folks don’t want any meat at all, but still enjoy black bean burgers and other alternatives. Maybe that’s the best thing about a burger. It can be as simple or as extravagant as a chef’s imagination.
The community has spoken and here is the 2022 Steuben Burger Trail ...
#1 Butcher's Son
- You might not expect the top burger joint to be a butcher’s shop, but that’s because Butcher’s Son turns the old-school neighborhood butcher shop and deli on its head, focusing on locally-sourced meats from locally-raised animals, and offering an assortment of culinary masterpieces. Consider the menu a sampling of the delicious potential local meats can achieve in the right hands.
Picking up #2 is ...
#2 Frans Landing
- A little ways off the Interstate, heading toward the small town of Addison, you’ll find this rustic cabin-like pub and grill that is a favorite of families and friends out to enjoy a good meal. From pasta dishes to roast beef dinners, fish fries to juicy burgers, the locals know where to get a great meal.
Securing 3rd place is ...
#3 Maybe Baby Burgers
- Maybe Baby is a throwback to another era offering a vintage diner vibe and diverse selection of exceptional (and quite filling) handcrafted burgers and delicious milkshakes, as well as retro memorabilia on the walls for a true old school dining experience.
In 4th comes a new face ...
#4 Del's Bar & Grill
- Sure, they’ve got popcorn shrimp and jalapeño poppers, chicken wings (with or without the bones), sandwiches and other mouthwatering bar food (they even have salads if you’re into those), but make no mistake the burgers at Del's have the locals smacking their lips in thanks.
Rouding out the top 5 is ...
#5 Paddy's Pub & Grill
- The folks out Hornell way have been raving about Paddy’s for years and we get it. When it comes to making tasty meals, this is one local restaurant that delivers. Paddy’s Pub and Grill has regular dinner specials throughout the week. Wednesday is Burger & Beer pairing night, Thursday is specialty Macaroni & Cheese and Friday is Fish Fry.
Taking 6th place is ...
#6 R&M Restaurant
- Specializing in American comfort foods, it’s no surprise this small unassuming Corning gem (long known as one of the best burger joints in the area) is at the top of this list. R&M has a loyal following and with good reason.
In at #7 is ...
#7 Station 26 Restaurant & Pub
- With a menu playing on the railroad theme, please draw your attention to the “Cow Catcher" section of tasty burger options like the Caboose Burger and the Peanut Butter Bacon Burger. Yeah, you read that right. Stop by Station 26 and see why Cohocton isn’t just a whistle-stop on the line.
#8 on our Steuben Burger Trail is ...
#8 JB's Bar & Grill
- Prattsburgh’s JB’s Bar & Grill serves premium 100% Angus Beef. Whether you’re looking for a banquet hall or a tasty dinner they offer an assortment of menu items including steak burgers, stuffed burgers, all kinds of burgers. You get the picture.
9th on the list goes to ...
#9 Buzzy's Dream
- See why one local recently claimed “I can live on um!!!!” when commenting about the burgers here. Part of the Addison community for the past decade, Buzzy’s Dream is a small family-owned eatery serving tasty meals to anyone with a hankering for good food and a friendly neighborhood vibe.
and finally taking the last spot on our Burger Trail is ...
#10 Liberty Street Pub
- Located in the heart of one of the county’s original towns which was founded 225 years ago, Liberty Street Pub offers a casual atmosphere and tavern-style digs to compliment unpretentious popular pub foods. In other words, they aren’t going to try to wow you with presentation but with taste.
Map out the trail on our Explore Steuben Trip Planner App