Things To Do
The Finger Lakes are famous for brilliant wine making, but did you know that it is also flush with museums, fresh air adventures, and local shopping?
Whether you're a history buff, an avid outdoor enthusiast, or a shop 'til you drop kind of person, Corning and the Southern Finger Lakes has something for everyone. There is something new to do each time you return!
Here are our top 'musts' for your trip:
- Explore History, Art and Culture - Steuben County is home to world-class museums and history, including the Corning Museum of Glass, Rockwell Museum, Glenn H. Curtiss Museum and more.
- Venture into the Great Outdoors - Hike, bike, paddle, fish – whatever mode of recreation you use to get outside, enjoying the opportunites for outdoor recreation in the Finger Lakes is easy and convenient with our vast landscapes of rolling hills, glacial-carved lakes and wooded forests.
- Shop 'til You Drop – From strolling Corning's Gaffer District, to antiquing in the Finger Lakes' quaint towns and villages, shopping in our array of specialty stores, galleries, and restaurants can make for a fun and entertaining side trip to add to your visit.
- Sample Tastes Straight from the Farm – At our farms and farmers' markets, you'll have find numerous opportunities to sample the tastes of Steuben County's rich agricultural heritage amid our lush wineries, vineyards, and fertile farmland.
- Celebrate at Local Events - From wildly popular annual events in the Finger Lakes such as Glassfest and the Finger Lakes Wine Festival to holiday events and arts crawls, Corning offers unique events throughout the entire season for all members of the family.