State Recreation Land in Steuben County
With nearly two dozen state forests as well as a few Wildlife Management Areas and state parks, Steuben County has an abundance of recreational land available for your outdoor enjoyment.
While most of the properties below are managed by the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), some include State Parks which are managed by the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation. Visit this page for links to each site and more information.
- Boat launch sites in Steuben County
- Bath Fish Hatchery
- Beaver Dams State Forest
- Birdseye Hollow State Forest
- Burt Hill State Forest
- Cameron Mills State Forest
- Cameron State Forest
- Canacadea State Forest
- Cinnamon Lake State Forest
- Cold Brook Wildlife Management Area
- Dry Run State Forest
- Erwin Hollow State Forest
- Erwin Mountain State Forest
- Erwin Wildlife Management Area
- Greenwood State Forest
- Helmer Creek Wildlife Management Area
- Indian Hills State Golf Course
- McCarthy Hill State Forest
- Meads Creek State Forest
- Moss Hill State Forest
- Mount Washington Multiple Use Area
- Pigtail Hollow State Forest
- Pinnacle State Park
- Rock Creek State Forest
- South Bradford State Forest
- Stony Brook State Park
- Tracy Creek State Forest
- Turkey Ridge State Forest
- Urbana State Forest
- West Cameron Wildlife Management Area
- West Hill State Forest
Accessible Recreation Facilities in Steuben County for people with disabilities, including camping, picnicking, fishing and nature viewing include Birdseye Hollow State Forest (Birdseye Hollow and Sanford Lake) and Cameron State Forest.
For a map of recreational land in Steuben County, visit: https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/46088.html.
Click the links for more information on Where to Hunt or Where to Fish.