Crooked Lake Beverage Tour
There’s something special about wishbones and we think Keuka Lake, the only wishbone-shaped Finger Lake, has its own special magic which can be found in the crystal clear water, the world-class wines, the excellent food, and some of the best craft beverages in all of New York State.
Start out at Keuka Brewing
• Sometimes people talk about “the place where it all started” simply in appreciation of the past. But sometimes it’s because that place continues to lead the way. When it comes to brewing excellent craft beer, Keuka Brewing is the OG folks talk about for both those reasons. The first craft brewery on Keuka Lake, brews like Local Mocha Stout, Afterburner Habañero Ale and Ghost of Rita Gose show why Keuka is known for quality and creativity.
“Keuka Brewing Company has plenty to brag about.”
- Lauren Yakiwchuk, Justin Plus Lauren
Follow that by hitting up Steuben Brewing
• Just down there road is Steuben Brewing where you’ll often find local brewers sitting on the big deck, sipping tasty brews, listening to live music, and savoring the culinary wizardry of local food trucks. Whether you’re already a fan of the award-winning brown ale, love locally-sourced ingredients like those found in the Local Liquids series, or you’re an avid hiking or cycling enthusiast like the head brewer, Steuben’s beers and atmosphere are hard to beat.
Next stop, Krooked Tusker Distillery
• Next stop, Krooked Tusker. They’ve got a mad scientist making top-notch hooch. Watch him through the big window crafting a new batch of delicious vodka, moonshine, or award-winning gins offering the perfect blend of botanicals. While names like Hell Hound Hooch and Man Child Whiskey reveal his witty nature, make no mistake he’s committed to creating exceptional spirits. And with so many recipes for mixing, you’ll probably discover a few new favorites.
“While you’re visiting the breweries in Hammondsport, you’ve got to add in a stop at Krooked Tusker Distillery. Honestly, we stopped there on a whim to get a break from the beer, but it was phenomenal!”
- Danielle, Wanderlust on a Budget
Last but not least, Barrelhouse 6 Distillery
Last stop, the spacious tasting room at Barrelhouse 6, a distillery that wasted no time establishing themselves for their playful spirit and award-winning spirits. More than a clever play on the distillery’s location, Middle Finger Moonshine also won a 2021 Best in Category (Corn Whiskey) Gold Medal from the American Distilling Institute. For something different, try the sweet Peppermint Cream liquor. We suggest sipping it out on the large deck overlooking Keuka Lake.
Note: To assure yourself the best experience, you should always check with the brewery before going to learn about availability, current hours of operation, and more. We recommend to give yourself at least an hour at each location to enjoy the quality beverages, beautiful scenery, and friendly staff. You can also find information about Uber, Lyft and other drive-share services online, like Main Street Drivers who will actually take you around in your own car. Please drink responsibly and keep our roads safe.