Frank Lloyd Wright in the Finger Lakes Experience
Available all year
Known worldwide for his groundbreaking architectural designs, Frank Lloyd Wright was also a prolific designer of stained glass windows and other decorative arts. Here in the Finger Lakes, you can get up close and personal with the refined details of several of his historic windows at the Corning Museum of Glass and the Johnson Museum of Art. In addition, we’ve arranged for you to have two, hands-on, fire arts sessions with local artists who will help you create Frank Lloyd Wright-esque pieces of your own to take home.
Your Frank Lloyd Wright in the Finger Lakes Experience includes:
- Complimentary mapping for your adventure
- A 90 minute Pottery session at Rocky Hill Pottery, where you will get to select colors, and glaze a pre-fired FLW inspired pottery tile.
- A 90 minute session at F.L.A.V.O.R. Studio where you will learn basic Stained Glass techniques as you create a small panel with a FLW inspired design.
- 2-day admission ticket to the Corning Museum of Glass to view several FLW windows in the permanent collection, as well as all of the other amazing demonstrations and exhibits.
- Admission to the Johnson Museum of Art on Cornell University’s campus to visit the FLW windows in their collection. This pair of windows is originally from the Darwin Martin House in nearby Buffalo.
- Black Sheep Guild card, which offers special perks with our many Guild Partners
- Handmade gift from the Inn
Optional enhancements to your package:
- Upgrade your tickets to the Corning Museum of Glass to include tickets to the Rockwell Museum of Western Art for an additional $8.50.
The Frank Lloyd Wright in the Finger Lakes Package is $175.00 per person, is an add-on to your stay and not included in the cost of your guest room. This package is also available to you even if you are not a guest of the Inn. Please call us to reserve.
To enjoy our special organic Farm to Table breakfasts, reserve your room at the Black Sheep Inn and Spa, a premier Keuka Lake bed and breakfast, and be sure to add the Frank Lloyd Wright in the Finger Lakes Experience package to your itinerary when booking your stay.
PLEASE NOTE: All studio time is based on availability. Pottery session does not include nominal shipping charge to ship your piece home to you once it has been fired.