No need to go out and buy a boat, The Finger Lakes Boating Museum’s experienced staff will help you build one. To be specific, you will construct a Bevins skiff during your week-long class. At the end of the 40-hour class, you will have a full scale Bevins skiff to take home! To keep you relaxed after your time spent boat building, you will also enjoy a 30 minute session at the Spa at the Black Sheep Inn. And no visit to the Finger Lakes is complete without visiting a winery, and you will get the VIP treatment at Hazlitt’s Red Cat Cellars.
Please note that the boat building class is scheduled for February 17 through 25, 2018, is family friendly, (no children under the age of 10), includes all supplies and tools, and no previous boatbuilding experience is necessary. If you don’t have the ability to transport your boat home, delivery arrangements may be made at an additional cost.
Your Build a Boat Package includes:
- 40 hour, weeklong class in Boat Building at the Finger Lakes Boating Museum, where you will receive detailed instruction and learn the skills needed to construct your very own Bevins skiff. Class time is 10 AM – 5 PM each day with a 1 hour break for lunch
- Delivered lunch for 2 of the scheduled class days provided by Black Sheep Inn, including one of our signature, stainless steel insulated bottles filled with your choice of water, tea or coffee.
- Complimentary one year membership and Behind the scenes tour at the Finger Lakes Boating Museum
- VIP wine tasting experience & facility tour at Hazlitt’s Red Cat Cellars with the Vice President of Winemaking, Tim Benedict. Must be 21 years of age or older to taste wine/receive the Schooner Wine Bag
- Complimentary Bottles of Schooner Red and Schooner White from Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards.
- A 30-minute Spa session at the Spa at the Black Sheep Inn to help with those sore muscles earned while building your boat.
- Black Sheep Guild cards, which offers special perks with our many Guild Partners
- All taxes and gratuities are included
- and a special Handmade gift from the Inn
Package pricing is $325.00 per person, based on a group of 4 people, but this package is available to any group of 2 people or more with price adjustments, up or down, based on the number of people participating. Pricing also includes all taxes and gratuities, but does not include accommodations.
To enjoy our special organic Farm to Table breakfasts, reserve your room at the Black Sheep Inn and Spa, a premier Keuka Lake bed and breakfast, and be sure to add the Build a Boat in Wine Country package to your itinerary when booking your stay. As a participant in this package, you will receive a special week rate for your stay at the Black Sheep Inn.