The warm sunlight cascades down on you through the trees; the whooshing sound of your bike accompanies a welcome downhill cruise following a hard uphill pedal; a cool trickle of water runs down your arm as you reach for the next stroke during a calming paddle on a pristine lake; the sounds of nature slowly allow you to immerse yourself in the world around you.
Just imagine all of the possibilities for outdoor adventure in the Southern Finger Lakes. Here are a few of our favorite ways to get outside and explore:
- Hike to the tops of waterfalls or mountaintops to witness the beauty of the Finger Lakes from above
- Get your biking thrills: cycle on our scenic roadways past lakeside wineries and vineyards, or hop on your mountain bike to tackle challenging forest-covered terrain in our state parks
- Paddle our sparkling waterways by canoe or kayak, or zoom around on a boating outing for some waterskiing and tubing action
- Hunt and fish the Finger Lakes' 28,000 acres of state-managed land and waterways stocked with over 30,000 trout every year
- Go on a geocaching adventure with the family to discover hidden treasures in unexpected places