Imagine stepping inside one of Norman Rockwell's holiday paintings, storefronts decorated for the season, carolers singing Silent Night in front of the candy shop, people bundled against the falling snow, shopping for Christmas presents. It's a delightful scene and one that plays out in real life during Corning's annual Sparkle festival, which offers a full day of holiday cheer.
This year marks the event's 42nd anniversary, and the town's businesses are gearing up to offer an array of fun family activities, including horse and wagon rides, a visit from a few of Santa's reindeer, as well as shopping and dining promotions, and more!
Join us on Market Street from 5-9 pm on December 3rd
- Fireworks at 9 pm sponsored by Elmira Savings Bank
- Santa in his Crystal House, 12–4pm & 5–9pm ($5 per photo, visits are free)
- Horse and wagon rides, 5–8:45pm
- Live reindeer
- 2nd Annual Gingerbread Invitational at The Rockwell Museum, see the exhibition and vote for your favorite!
- The Rockwell Museum offers special family activities for Sparkle, 3–6pm
- Free mini train rides sponsored by Irvine Wealth Management
- Free face painting sponsored by Larson Design Group
- NEW: Holiday Photo Backdrop sponsored by Swan Morss Insurance
- Bell ringers, vendors, festive food, music and more!
Neighboring Communities Join in the Holiday Festivities
- In Bath, the Spirit of Christmas celebration includes a visit from Santa, free food and drinks, horse-drawn wagon rides, a tree lighting and the ever-popular make-and-take craft opportunities for kids of all ages. Vendors and businesses turn out to offer a fun way to get a jumpstart on holiday shopping.
- Holiday Aglow - Christmas in Hornell will kick off Friday, December 2nd, offering two days of holiday celebrations, including a Whoville Parade and a Whoville Hair Contest, where local salons, barbershops and hair stylists will compete for the best Dr. Seuss hair.
Make Sparkle a Weekend Event
Book a Corning hotel and plan to explore the area over this festive holiday weekend. Both the Corning Museum of Glass and The Rockwell Museum December 3rd and 4th will host their annual Holiday Open House events throughout the weekend, and offer free admission for all visitors.
The Studio at the Corning Museum of Glass will also host its Studio Glass Sale for holiday shoppers looking for one-of-a-kind gifts for loved ones near and far. Nationally and internationally renowned artists work all year to create the pieces on sale for this two-day event, December 3-4. As always, proceeds from the sale support the museum's scholarship fund and residency programs.
On December 3, join us for the 3rd annual Selfless Elf 5K Run/Walk to benefit the Food Bank of the Southern Tier. Wear costumes, or take advantage of the new Selfless Elf Station offering fun holiday gear for runners.